Boasting a total brand value of $143Bn in 2017, Microsoft are used to dominating the technology field. It’s no surprise then that 90% of Fortune500 companies use the Microsoft Cloud. Many and varied organizations like ASOS, Citrix, Heineken, Oxfam and GEICO leverage Microsoft Azure to build, deploy and manage diverse business applications.
This widespread adoption means huge opportunity for IT professionals with Azure skills – and the Microsoft solutions suite is only growing (Azure Stack, introduced in July 2017, is the most notable game-changer). Cloud skills shortages put Microsoft Azure professionals in an enviable position.
Microsoft Azure is an especially easy transition if you’re familiar with other Microsoft technologies, and since adding Linux support Azure is gaining considerable traction with open source developers too.
Microsoft Azure is the obvious choice for IT professionals who want to easily transfer their skills into the Microsoft Cloud with minimum hassle, for greater opportunity and reward.
Cross Skills Advanced Level Courses
These comprehensive Microsoft Azure courses prepare you for Microsoft Azure exams 70-532 and 70-533. Your course investment includes exam enrolment. Pass one to gain credit towards your Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Cloud Platform certification, or pass both to secure the certification in full.
These courses are best suited to IT professionals with experience working with Cloud infrastructure.
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions - 6 Days
In this course you’ll learn how to design, implement and manage Azure services including App Services, Virtual Machines, Active Directory and ARM templates. After completing the course you’ll be able to design, deploy and manage a broad range of infrastructure within Azure; orchestrate server infrastructure; and create virtualisation and storage strategies and solutions.
Who should enrol?
You’re an experienced IT professional with experience managing on-premises, hybrid or other cloud IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization and applications. You understand network configuration, Active Directory concepts, resilience and disaster recovery and know how to create, configure and manage websites using IIS.
This course is most suited to:
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure;
- IT professionals who use Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate server infrastructure;
- Windows Server administrators who want to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud;
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure;
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
- Introduction to Azure
- Implementing and managing Azure networking
- Implementing virtual machines
- Managing virtual machines
- Implementing Azure App services
- Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
- Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
- Implementing PaaS cloud services
- Implementing Azure Active Directory
- Managing Active Directory in a hybrid environment
- Implementing Azure-based management and automation
Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions - 6 Days
In this course, you’ll learn to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. You’ll learn to build scalable, resilient and highly-available solutions in the Microsoft Azure cloud. This course is intended for students who have experience building ASP.NET and C# applications.
Who should enrol?
You’re an IT professional with experience building vertically scaled solutions, and you have basic understanding of the Azure platform. You’re proficient with the development tools, techniques and approaches used to build applications, especially using ASP.NET and C#.
- Overview of the Microsoft Azure Platform
- Building Application Infrastructure in Azure
- Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform
- Storing SQL Data in Azure
- Designing Cloud Applications for Resiliency
- Storing Tabular Data in Azure
- Storing and Consuming Files from Azure Storage
- Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus
- Automating Integration with Azure Resources
- Securing Azure Web Applications