AWS certifications are the cream of the cloud crop, known for their thoroughness, rigour and consistency. AWS-certified professionals are in huge demand and short supply, so certifying in AWS makes you incredibly valuable for employers.
AWS certifications help you grow an exciting, rewarding and very lucrative career in one of the fastest growing and most cutting-edge areas of IT.
Cross Skills Level Courses
The three cross skills level courses align to AWS Associate certification in the three different disciplines, Architect, Developer and SysOps. These certifications mark you as a capable and experienced AWS specialist who can drive real value for employers. Most professionals have a clear preference and affinity for one path, but there’s nothing to stop you securing all three Associate certifications.
Your course investment includes exam enrolment.
The Associate level courses are best suited to IT professionals with familiarity with Cloud and AWS.
AWS Architect Associate - 4 Days
In this course you’ll learn how to build secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform. You’ll learn the wide variety of AWS services, and understand how these services integrate within AWS. After completing the course, you’ll be able to design and deploy a wide range of IT infrastructure in AWS both confidently and correctly, including hybrid systems.
Before attending this course, you’ll already know how to build and use cloud services in AWS and have experience designing distributed applications. This course teaches you to make your cloud services more reliable, resilient, scalable and secure.
Who should enrol?
You’re confident operating in the AWS landscape, and have extensive solution design and architecture skills in at least one programming language. You’re likely a Solution Architect, Solution Design Engineer or IT Infrastructure Engineer currently. This course is also perfect if you have extensive knowledge and practical experience in other cloud service providers but little or no experience in AWS.
- Core AWS Knowledge
- Core AWS Services
- Designing Your Environment
- Making Your Environment Highly Available
- Forklifting an Existing Application onto AWS
- Event-Driven Scaling
- Build a new environment
- The Well-Architected Framework
- Troubleshooting Your Environment
- Large-Scale Design Patterns and Case Studies
AWS Developer Associate - 4 Days
AWS makes implementing the DevOps model easy. In this course you’ll cement the technical expertise to develop and maintain applications on the AWS platform, especially the CI/CD model. You’ll use AWS SDK tools to develop applications using AWS as PaaS. You’ll learn to optimise performance of AWS services, and understand code-level application security. After completing the course, you’ll have the technical know-how to confidently develop secure, scalable and fast AWS solutions.
Who should enrol?
You’re confident operating in the AWS landscape, and have deep hands-on knowledge of at least one of Java, C#/.Net or Python. You’re likely a Software Developer/Operator or Game Developer currently.
- Introduction to Developing on AWS
- Choosing a Data Store
- Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
- Developing Flexible NoSQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
- Working with Events
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon Kinesis Stream
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and Amazon SNS
- Developing Event-Driven Solutions with AWS Lambda
- Developing Secure Applications
- Caching Information for Scalability
- Monitoring Your Application and AWS Resources with Amazon CloudWatch
- Deploying Applications with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation
AWS SysOps Associate - 4 Days
Deployments and operations are the essence of AWS SysOps. You’ll learn to create automatable, repeatable, scalable deployments of networks and systems through AWS. You’ll learn techniques to effectively and efficiently configure and deploy diverse system features.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to confidently deploy, manage and operate AWS systems in line with best practices. Using AWS as the platform for your app development, you’ll be able to implement Dev, Test and Production System Operation as a fully automated and repeatable deployment.
Who should enrol?
You’re confident operating in the AWS landscape, and have a strong working understanding of operations and deployment best practices. You’ll understand how to define solution requirements. You’re likely a System Administrator or Software Developer – especially DevOps – currently.
- System Operations on AWS Overview
- Networking in the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
- Monitoring in the Cloud
- Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
- Configuration Management in the Cloud
- Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments